Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movin' On Up

...but more slowly now, thankfully. Baby is now measuring 34cm and I will be 30 weeks on Monday. We're closing the gap! The baby has settled nicely into a breech position, however, so I will be spending the next few days doing jumping jacks, standing on my head and the like trying to encourage a FLIP before he (she?) gets much bigger and runs out of room!

On a more comical note, I had a dream early yesterday morning that I was in a garden and everywhere I looked, there were HUGE green cabbages so ripe that they were falling off the vines, so ready were they to be harvested. Then I dreamt that I woke up from that dream, to find I was in labor with contractions 2 minutes apart. And I lay in bed (in my dream) and thought, "Hmmm, better call the midwife, she'll have to deliver here instead of at the birth center....WOW I wish I had cleaned my room!"

So if any of you are looking for me the next few days, I will be cleaning my room. And washing the newborn clothes. And setting up the cradle. You know--just in case!

4 comments:

brenda in seattle said...

joey didn't flip until 34 weeks. you still have time, hopefully.

Foursons said...

Ahhh...nesting. Yup, my house is never so spotless as it is when I'm close to having a baby.

Foursons said...

I presented you an award on my blog!

Lynne Paulus said...

I thought you were going to say the cabbages were going to pop out babies like in the Cabbage patch kids! We'll pray that baby will flip! Flip baby flip!