Thursday, February 21, 2008

More About Slavery

Upon further reflection, I am remembering several occasions over the past several months when Cole has found me cleaning something arbitrary (Reuben's closet, the clothes pile in my room)and has asked, "Do you think I should pay you for that, Mom?"

(Don't worry. I always say "no".)

Do they really think I am this household's working slave? Or is it just that I do housework so infrequently, that they think they better provide immediate incentive, to "encourage" me to keep going?

1 comment:

Lynne Paulus said...

At least they are not just expecting you to have to do all the work with no pay as can often become the assumption of children in regards to their parents. How insightful that he even notices you doing chores and that you are not getting a monitary reward for them!