Monday, May 3, 2010

Clarity

During school today:

Mama: "Okay, for Bible time we are going to read the passage where Satan tempts Jesus. 'Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry. And the devil said to Him, "If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread."' (luke 4:1-3)

Cole: "Wait. I don't know who the devil is."

Mama: "Satan."

Cole: "Who is Satan again?"

Mama: "He's like the biggest bad guy. He's the one that is fighting against God."

Cole: "OH! OH! I remember him! We saw him on Oprah!"

Mama doubles over and tries to be nonchalant about it.

Cole: "Remember? We saw him. I know exactly who he is. Remember? He was walking on the air between those buildings."

Mama (using her arm to hide her hysteria): "Um, that was someone different. That was Criss Angel."

Cole: "Wait. So now there's TWO bad guys?!"

3 comments:

brigitte said...

oh.my.gosh!!! reason #872 why your house is one of my most favoritist places on this planet...
snort.

Laura M. Cheifetz said...

LOL! In fact, both bad guys would want me to say ROFLMAO! Oh my goodness, this is the best! Good job, guys. Way to spot 'em!

karissa said...

This is hysterical on multiple levels. Can I just say that I was deliriously happy to be in Reuben's presence for a couple of hours on Saturday? I could listen to the boy talk ALL DAY LONG. Darling.