Saturday, November 15, 2008

One Month

In one month, I have
mourned the loss of my fifth pregnancy
cried over the deaths of two co-workers
listened to my husband explain to me why he lost his job



I have also
purchased new clothes for growing, healthy boys
bought groceries and gasoline with cash
worn tank tops because my house is nice and warm
eaten hot meals lovingly prepared by family and friends
given to others out of my excess



In the next month, I will
celebrate the birthday of my three year old son
sit round a table with 17 others in thankfulness
help a sweet one year old blow out a candle


"the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised"!
(job 1:21b)

6 comments:

karissa said...

You are loved. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your story.

mrs boo radley said...

What a month, my friend. I will pray for you.

xo.

Judi said...

Rest deep in His love and mercy. thank you for sharing...

zachori said...

Praying with you.

Lynne Paulus said...

Wow Kim, thanks for sharing the highs and serious lows in your midst. We will pray for you to continue to feel God's mercy, love and many blessings even in the midst of loss.

Unknown said...

OK, so I've had several overwhelming days in a row and am reading your blog for some inspiration. :-) You certainly bring great perspective to life with your transparency and thankful heart. Thank you for sharing your difficulties.